Asset management experts, convened by Darden’s top-ranked faculty, will analyze the global investing landscape, which is shaped more than ever before by politics and policy – making it difficult to predict what’s next in macroeconomics.
“We’ll probe innovations and investment ideas that could help investors respond proactively to current conditions,” Darden Dean Bob Bruner said.
While considering broad, macro issues, the speakers and panelists will add micro insights and discuss strategies for asset allocation, investment selection and risk management.
Guest speakers will include:
- Joyce Chang, global head of fixed income research, JP Morgan Securities LLC;
- Richard Chilton, chairman and CEO, Chilton Investment Company;
- Tony Crescenzi, executive vice president, market strategist and portfolio manager, PIMCO;
- Howard Marks, chairman, Oaktree; and
- Jason DeSena Trennert, managing partner, chairman and CEO, Strategas Research Partners LLC.
Industry experts will take a close look at three topics:
- Endowments with Larry Kochard, CEO and chief investment officer, University of Virginia Investment Management Company; Alice Handy, founder and president, Investure; Scott Malpass, vice president and chief investment officer, University of Notre Dame; and D. Ellen Shuman, former vice president and chief investment officer, Carnegie Corporation
- Technology with Shelby Bonnie, managing director of Allen & Company; Henry Ellenbogen, portfolio manager, T. Rowe Price; Scott Ferber, chief executive officer, Videology; and 1994 Darden alumnus Ned Hooper, partner, Centerview Capital
- Energy, with Kyle Bass, managing partner, Hayman Capital Management LP; Jody LaNasa, managing partner, Serengeti Asset Management; Alex Szewcyzk, managing partner, BP Natural Gas Opportunity Partners LP; and Wil VanLoh, president and chief executive officer, Quantum Energy Partners
Bloomberg TV will be the conference’s exclusive television broadcaster. Corporate sponsors include American Civics Exchange, Discovery, Collegiate Capital Management Inc., Fort Washington Investment Advisors Inc., Quantitative Investment Management, Sands Capital, Wilkinson O’Grady Global Asset Management and T. Rowe Price.
The event is open to the public; registration fees apply. For information, click here.