July 31, 2008 -- The School of Continuing & Professional Studies will be setting up information tables at various locations across Grounds on Aug. 5, 7 and 8 to showcase their many credit and noncredit offerings.
Thanks to the new $2,000 education benefit, U.Va. employees who are benefits-eligible now have the opportunity to take many courses that were not previously funded by the tuition waiver program.
You'll find information on
- The Community Scholar Program, through which you can register for on-Grounds credit courses
- Career & Professional Development courses and programs
- Online courses and certificates
- Personal Enrichment Evening Courses
- The Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies Program, a part-time degree completion program for working adults
- Travel & Learn Programs for Adults
Please stop by and explore the many offerings of the School of Continuing & Professional Studies. A representative from the Benefits Office will be on hand to answer questions and provide guidance on using the new program.
Here is the schedule:
-- Tuesday, Aug. 5, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.: Cocke Hall, Lobby
-- Thursday, Aug. 7, 11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m.:
-- Friday, Aug. 8, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.:
For those in the Office of Development, SCPS will also be presenting at your "HR Days" on Aug. 1, 5 and 13.