Aug. 15, 2007 -- University Human Resources invites the public to a hands-on introduction to the new online-based Jobs@UVa application system at U.Va. on Saturday, Aug. 18, 2007, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Classrooms 30 and 40 at U.Va.'s Darden School of Business.
• Free and open to the public
• Free parking in the Darden School garage
• Free shuttle from Barracks Road McDonald's
• Light refreshments served
• Spanish speakers on hand
• Located near CTS city bus Route 7
On July 30, the Jobs@UVa online application system replaced the University’s paper-based application system, providing many upgraded capabilities and improved customer service. With the new system you can:
• Access your information 24/7 from any computer with Internet access
• Create, save and edit applications and check application status during job search process
• Search and apply for specific jobs
• Attach resumes and cover letters
The new system also allows faster posting of job openings and processing of applicant information.
Paper applications on file before July 30 expired when the new system launched, unless a candidate was already under consideration for a particular position. UHR recommends that all job-seekers re-apply using Jobs@UVa.
Jobs@UVa is easy to use for those who have previously used an online employment service or other online forms. To get help you can:
• Visit UHR at 914 Emmet Street (Michie Building South, across from the McDonald's at Barracks Road Shopping Center) during regular business hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Attend an information session at UHR on Mondays from noon-1 p.m. Call (434) 924-4105 to register.
• Call (434) 924-4598
• E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org