March 10, 2007 -- A University of Virginia student reported an attempted robbery incident to University Police. The incident occurred near the T-3 parking lot on March 8, 2007 shortly after 8:30 p.m. The T-3 lot is located near Olson Hall on Stadium Road. The victim reported being approached by an unidentified male as a second male stood nearby. The suspect demanded money from the victim. After a brief verbal exchange the victim was able to flee the area without incident.
The victim describes her assailants as Hispanic or black males with light complexion between 14 to 15 years of age. The suspects were wearing dark clothing and baggy pants.
If you have any information concerning this incident, please call 924-7166 and ask to speak to a detective.
While following basic precautions cannot guarantee 100 percent safety, it is always smart to be alert to your surroundings and to take steps to guard your own safety and that of your friends and fellow students.
As a reminder, University Police ask that you:
- Avoid dark isolated areas when possible.
- Use the lighted pathway system when on Grounds.
- Report suspicious activity or person(s) immediately to police.
- Trust your instincts, if something doesn’t feel right then it probably isn’t.
- If confronted by a robber, comply with his/her demands immediately by handing over material possessions such as wallets/purses.