The Safety Tip is provided by U.Va.'s Office of Emergency Preparedness on the 11th of every month.
Can you imagine life without the Internet? Because of the critical role it plays in so many things we do, cyber threats have become one of the most serious economic and national security challenges we face and we all have a role to play in securing cyberspace, thus ensuring the safety of ourselves, our families and our communities.
The goal of National Cyber Security Awareness Month is to increase the resiliency of the nation in the event of a cyber incident. Just like emergency preparedness, cyber security is everybody’s business; take time to educate yourself in good practices and be aware of U.Va,’s Information Technology policies.
Here are a couple of helpful resources:
- Stop. Think. Connect. General cyber security awareness.
- Law enforcement and cyber security. Focus on national and local efforts to prevent identity theft and other cyber crimes.
- Industry efforts in cyber security. Strategies and tools used by businesses to increase their cyber security defenses.
- K-Life – digital literacy efforts. Showcases the urgent need to highlight cyber education programs for the future generation.
- U.Va. Information Technology Policies