Bigger Picture: Clark Hall, Revisited
On a recent morning, a student passed through the University of Virginia’s Clark Hall atrium, observing its murals by American artist Allyn Cox. The building, which was completed in 1932 to house the UVA School of Law, is now home to the Department of Environmental Sciences and Charles L. Brown Science & Engineering Library.
UVA’s Division of Facilities Management’s “Delta Force” team implemented a combination of energy and water conservation upgrades in Clark Hall recently, resulting in an annual energy savings of $750,000, and an annual water savings of $22,000. This summer the U.S. Department of Energy recognized the Clark Hall refitting as part of its Better Buildings Challenge program.