September 17, 2008 — Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh will host a memorial service at 4:30 p.m. Monday for Randy Pausch, a former faculty member there and at the University of Virginia.
"Remembering Randy: A Celebration of the Life and Legacy of Randy Pausch" is Carnegie Mellon's campus memorial service for Pausch, the computer science professor of "Last Lecture" fame, who died July 25 at age 47.
Scheduled speakers are:
• Dennis Proffitt, University of Virginia psychology professor;
• Jared L. Cohon, Carnegie Mellon president;
• Randal E. Bryant, dean, Carnegie Mellon School of Computer Science;
• Andy van Dam, Brown University computer science professor;
• Jessica Hodgins, Carnegie Mellon computer science professor;
• Dan Siewiorek, head of Carnegie Mellon's Human-Computer Interaction Institute;
• Dennis Cosgrove, HCII??? project scientist;
• Don Marinelli, co-founder and executive producer of Carnegie Mellon's Entertainment Technology Center;
• Jesse Schell, assistant professor of entertainment technology;
• The Rev. David Herndon, minister, First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh.
Attendance is by invitation only. The service will be held at Rangos Hall, on the second floor of University Center at Carnegie Mellon University.
ABCNews.com will stream live video of the event.