November 10, 2009 — All University of Virginia employees are invited to Fall Resource Fair 2009, which will be held Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Newcomb Hall Ballroom.
Special sessions on open enrollment for benefits will be held in room 389 on the hour from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
University vendors will also make presentations in the Commonwealth Room.
The schedule is:
• 9 a.m. – Fidelity Investments: Navigating Your Retirement Plan Online
• 10 a.m. – Chard Snyder: How to Make the Most of Your Flexible Spending Account
• 11 a.m. – ING: Overview of the VRS 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
• Noon – Vanguard: Investment Fundamentals
• 1 p.m. – TIAA-CREF - Asset Allocation Strategies
In addition, employees can get acquainted with University departments and learn about activities such as plays and concerts, and University initiatives, including sustainability.
Refreshments will be served.
While employees should seek permission from their supervisor to attend, supervisors are encouraged to accommodate their requests. Attendance at the fair is considered work time and is not charged to leave.
Attendees are strongly encouraged to take a University bus, carpool or walk (weather permitting) to Newcomb Hall. Parking is very limited in the Central Grounds Parking Garage and is at the expense of the attendee.
For information, contact Teresa Stevens at 434-924-4093 or email@example.com.