Here are the events open to all members of the University community:
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Carr’s Hill: Open house for reflection and conversation.
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Old Cabell Hall Auditorium: Panel discussion, organized by the Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy, on healing in the aftermath of gun violence. Happy Perry, D’Sean Perry’s mother, is scheduled to participate. Joining her on the panel to share their personal stories are Kevin Parker, A’Dorian Murray-Thomas and Tracy Walls, who have all been affected by gun violence. The conversation, open to the public, will be moderated by professor Frank Dukes. Registration is requested.
- 12:45-12:55 p.m., The Lawn: Students, faculty and staff are invited to assemble for the tolling of the UVA Chapel bells. The McIntire School of Commerce is hosting a post-memorial gathering for all students, faculty and staff on the fourth floor.
- 12:55 p.m.: Moment of silence. The UVA Chapel bells will play a verse of “Amazing Grace” followed by a tolling of the bells to honor Chandler, Davis and Perry. This moment will also be streamed live.
- Noon-5 p.m., Scott Stadium: The north gate will be open for visitors to walk into the stadium and pay respects at the plaques honoring Chandler, Davis and Perry. The plaques are located in the “Legends Walk” at the north end of the stadium. A limited number of ParkMobile spots on the top level of the south garage at the stadium will be free for public use.
- 1-9 p.m., South Lawn: A UVA Strong banner will be available for students to write reflections and messages.
- 2-5 p.m., 108 Cresap Road: Faculty open house
- 7-9 p.m., The Lawn: Student gathering including a moment of silence and reflections from teammates of Chandler, Perry and Davis.
These events are being organized by schools, units or departments for their students, faculty and staff:
- School of Nursing, 12:30-12:45 p.m.: Gathering in the School of Nursing Resilience Garden for reflection and support.
- School of Engineering and Applied Science, 12:45 p.m.: Gathering in Darden Court to observe a moment of silence and for quiet reflection.
- School of Law, 12:55 p.m.: Moment of silence, Purcell Reading Room.
Other opportunities to honor the student-athletes and to support members of the University community are being organized, and specific information will be shared directly with students, faculty and staff when available.