June 3, 2011 — Summer might be the perfect time for University of Virginia employees to pursue professional development opportunities through Human Resources' extensive schedule of training classes, workshops and online tutorials.
Employees and managers can choose among several sessions geared toward the LEAD@UVa performance management system and related topics, such as "Creating a Strengths-Based Career," "SMART Goals" and "Understanding Lead@UVa's Rating Scale."
With few exceptions, Employee Development offers programs and services at no cost to U.Va. faculty and staff.
Summer highlights include:
• The Communication Challenge, Emotional Intelligence, Balancing Work and Home;
• Exceptional Assistant's Network Annual Conference
• Career development workshops like "Networking 101";
• Managerial development programs such as "Rewarding and Recognizing Employees" and "Preparing for Supervision";
• Online training with 3,500 courses available around the clock from home and work, from desktop applications to professional skills, at no cost to U.Va. faculty and staff. Topics include Microsoft Office applications, Project Management certification and more;
• Systems and applications classes for Apple, LEAD@UVa, MS Office, Integrated System (IS and SIS).
For registration information, visit here.
In addition to scheduled programs, Employee Development offers other services, such as organization development and career services.