January 20, 2010 — W-2 forms for University of Virginia faculty, staff and student employees who were paid salaries or wages in 2009 are now available online. If you regularly access your online payslip or track your time and leave through Self-Service, you can see your W-2 the same way.
Printed copies of W-2 forms will be mailed out to employees who did not sign up for the online version by Feb. 1.
In order to access the W-2 Form online:
1. Visit www.hrs.virginia.edu/
2. Choose the "View Payslip" link located at the bottom left side of page. This will connect you to the self-service portion of the Integrated System (also known as IS or Oracle), where much of your personnel information is kept.
3. Once at the self-service site, click on "Enter Integrated System Applications Here," and then select the "Go!" button to access Production and Self Service.
4. This will take you to the log-in page. Use your Self-Service username and password to log in, then select "UVA Employee Self-Service," and then select "Employee W-2."
5. Your W-2 can be printed and attached as a hard copy when filling out individual tax forms.
* Your user name is the same as your University computing ID. Even if you do not regularly use your e-mail or computing ID, all University employees received an ID and password when the University implemented the online payslip or when they were hired.
* Employees who regularly access the Integrated System (and therefore change their password regularly) may obtain their W-2 by using their regular ID and password.
* Reprints of the prior five years' W-2s are available by clicking the desired year from the drop-down box at the top of the W-2 form, then clicking "Go."
* If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the "Forgot Your Password?" link on the log-in page. Follow the instructions on the next page, which will generate an e-mail sent to your U.Va. e-mail account with a new temporary password. It may take several minutes to receive the e-mail.
For assistance, call the Integrated System Help Desk at 434-924-HELP (-4357).