May 18, 2012 — Each year, the University of Virginia recognizes staff members whose skills, abilities and personal touches make their daily performance extraordinary. Eleven have been selected this year to receive Leonard W. Sandridge Outstanding Contribution Awards.
Recipients will attend a luncheon with the U.Va. Board of Visitors on Tuesday, where each will receive a $1,000 check and an engraved gift.
Together with employees with 10, 15 and 20 years of service, they also were recognized May 16 at the Service Awards Day reception in the John Paul Jones Arena.
The annual Outstanding Contribution Awards are the highest U.Va. honors staff receive for their dedicated service to the University. The awards are named in honor of Leonard W. Sandridge, former U.Va. executive vice president and chief operating officer.
Employees with 25, 30, 35, 40 and more years of service will be honored June 5 at John Paul Jones Arena.
Each year, U.Va. Human Resources appoints a committee to choose five outstanding employees from the Academic Division, and a Health System committee chooses five in the Medical Center, from a larger group of nominees. In addition, U.Va.'s College at Wise chooses a winner.
Profiles of the honorees and a list of the employees recognized for their years of service are being posted on UVA Today over the coming two weeks.
Leonard W. Sandridge Outstanding Contribution Awards
• Ed Brooks Awarded as Energy Savings Hero
• Tracie Craner, University Police Department
• Mike Ellis: Supporting Health System Computer Users
• David Haugh: Providing Compassion and Caring for Families in Grief
• Donna Hudson, Coordinator of Finance & Operations, Women's and Children's Services
• Souradji Issotou, Greeter of the Front Door Team, Patient & Guest Services
• Sandra Dea Mahanes, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Nerancy Neuro-Intensive Care Unit
• Anne Mulligan, Coordinator for Academic Programs
• Jennifer Partin, Administrative and Office Specialist, U.Va.'s College at Wise
• Jennifer Phillips – School of Medicine, Surgery
• Michael Redwine – Distributed Education Support Specialist