University of Virginia researchers and academic investigators throughout the commonwealth are invited to submit proposals for proof-of-concept funding to the Virginia Innovation Partnership, a statewide network designed to accelerate innovation and economic growth.
The partnership will award approximately 20 projects with $40,000 to $80,000 each in 2013. Proposals are due Dec. 14 at 5 p.m.
Projects should support one or more of the following areas:
- Information technology
- Energy production and conservation
- Environmental technology and sustainability
- High-performance manufacturing
- Bioengineering and medical devices
- Modeling and simulations
- Health care and biosciences
- Security and safety
- Information assurance
- Architectural and other design-oriented fields
Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications U.Va. Innovation